Epic Collaborative Advisors are professional facilitators to partner in several ways – off-site meetings, internal cross-functional meetings or regular team meetings. We will work with you to determine the meeting outcomes, set an agenda that is aggressive but inclusive, and actively facilitate the meeting allowing all attendees (including the leader) to participate. At the conclusion of the sessions, we will provide summary actions and follow-up to ensure these actions are being completed, which is our accountability factor.
Why use a professional facilitator?
- Efficient use of time (the outside facilitator can move the meeting to a successful end)
- Allows all to participant (including the meeting leader)
- Provides an “outside” perspective that clarifies actions by asking the “right questions”
- Handles conflict from an external perspective – no taking sides or being seen as taking sides
- Captures just the Actions – and drives to ask “who will do this and when” – to allow accountability
- Creates the summary actions and follows-up
- Provides hands-on exercises (if needed) to help learn teamwork or other leadership principles
- Allows the leader to forget about logistics, materials, agendas – by providing all materials and coordinating with the right people for logistics
Areas of expertise
We believe that there is no one right way to do strategic planning. Each client who calls us has their own unique situation and unique needs. We believe that it is up to the strategic planning facilitator to help the client articulate their needs and to then design the best possible approach to achieve their goals.
Whether it is a board retreat, advisory board retreat/meeting, executive retreat, leadership retreat or staff retreat, our clients are all looking for the same thing. They want a facilitator who is neutral, unbiased, and capable of keeping challenging people on task and on time…
Epic Collaborative Advisors can function as a single conference facilitator or provide a team of conference facilitators to handle simultaneous break-out sessions. We can help design the conference and any break-out sessions, provide on-site facilitation, and take care of the reporting.
While 90% of our clients don’t have a specific team building agenda item it is still an outcome of interest to many. There are several ways that we can recommend building team building into your next session.
We have accepted requests from clients to provide very specialized facilitation services. One of these is the facilitation of Product/Services Brainstorming Sessions or the facilitation of user requirements sessions.